THE PATRON SAINT OF STANLEY PARK
by Hiro Kanagawa
Auditions by Appointment:
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Friday, July 5, 2019 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Callbacks: Friday, July 12 7:30 pm
[- – – Auditions for Weekend Comedy see here – – -]
Siblings Josh and Jennifer are trying to cope with the one year anniversary of the disappearance of their father. On a wild and stormy Christmas Eve, a mysterious vagabond rescues the two children and takes them to a fantastical world beneath Stanley Park’s prospect point. During this magical night the children experience wondrous visions which help them understand the truth about their father, their savior and the healing power of love.
Director: Sharon Dykstra Producers: Steve Hetherington & Nicole Moore
Performance Dates: November 15 – 30, 2019
Josh: 10/11 years old. Curious, trusting, nervous and anxious, doesn’t like conflict.
Jennifer: 13/14 years old. Young woman struggling with adolescence. Independent, suspicious of everyone, angry and lost – just wants to return to normal.
Skookum Pete: Crusty old urban hermit.
Marcia: 40’s. Josh & Jennifer’s mother. Widow. Struggling to maintain family relationships.
Kevin: 40’s. Josh & Jennifer’s father. Small airplane pilot. Loves his children. Takes on several mystical beings.
- Auditions are by appointment, will last 10 or 15 minutes and must be pre-booked through Producer.
- Please prepare to present a one-to-two minute monologue (comedic or dramatic), fully memorized and with character work.
- Please read script before signing up for an audition.
- To obtain a copy of the script, contact Producer.
- There is a $20 deposit; refundable upon return of the script in good condition.
Book an Audition (email preferred):
Please contact the Producer to book your appointment.
Contact – Steve Hetherington firstname.lastname@example.org 647-808-4160
- Be sure to arrive with in time to complete an Audition Form prior to your audition time.
- If you need to cancel or will be late for your time, please email or call the Producer.
- Please bring your calendar with you. A list of all possible audition dates will be given to you to indicate any conflicts you may have with personal pre-existing commitments.
- A candid digital photo will be taken prior to the audition to facilitate casting discussions
- For your monologue, you will be asked to introduce it but you do not need to give the director a copy of the script; this is not an exercise in accuracy of memorization.
- A short discussion will follow.
- You may be asked to do your monologue a second or third time with a directorial change, such as presenting the piece in a very different style or set of circumstances. This helps us see how fully you take a directorial suggestion. Don’t judge yourself. Just embrace the idea and have fun!
- If you receive a Callback, scenes will be emailed to you prior.
- The first Read-thru/rehearsal will be in July.
- There will be table-work rehearsals throughout the summer.
- Rehearsals will be weeknights (7:30pm – 10:30pm) and weekends (usually Sunday afternoons however depending upon availability may include Saturdays). Not all actors will be required for all rehearsals. That will be worked out by the director.
- Rehearsals will start in September
- Cue to Cue will be Sunday, November 3rd. All Actors must be available for all rehearsals from October 1st onwards.
The Curtain Club is an award-winning community theatre celebrating 66 years of bringing quality theatre to the town of Richmond Hill and participates in Theatre Ontario. The Curtain Club is a non-profit, non-equity community theatre group. If you are cast in this show you MUST become a member of the club. Membership fees are $10.00 and are due no later than the first rehearsal.