by Robert Chafe
Auditions by Appointment:
- Saturday, December 14th 2pm – 5pm
- Monday, December 16th – 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- Call Backs: Wednesday, December 18th 7:30m – 9:30pm
- REHEARSALS: Start Sunday February 2nd
- Tuesday/Thursday evening, Sunday afternoons
- Some Tablework in January
A wonderful piece of “adopted” Canadiana. Set in Newfoundland nearly 100 years ago, it tells the story of pioneering “legend” Myra Bennett, an English woman who volunteered as a nurse on the remote rugged coast of Daniel’s Harbour. Her story is told in a theatrical way – one actress plays the nurse and one actor plays her future husband, while all the other characters are portrayed by another actor and actress.
Director: Harvey Levkoe Producers: Sharon Dykstra & Jo Ann Warren
Performance Dates: March 19 – April 4, 2020
Myra – 30’s – 50’s Nurse. Stern though caring, serious though quick-witted.
Angus – 30’s – 50’s Thoughtful, playful, charming, warm hearted, down to earth.
Man – 30’s – 50’s Various distinct male characters aged fourteen to eighty.
Woman – 30’s – 50’s Various distinct female characters aged nineteen to eighty.
To Book an Audition:
- email the producer at email@example.com.
- Indicate your preferred audition date, time and the character(s) for whom you wish to read.
- Attach a resume and recent headshot.
- If the Director is not familiar with your work, please prepare a 2 minute monologue.
- Be sure to read the play before auditioning as there will be readings from the script.
- To obtain a copy of the script please contact the Producer. There is a $20 deposit which is returnable upon return of the script in good condition.
Contact info (email preferred): Sharon Dykstra / firstname.lastname@example.org / 647-200-2241
- Auditions are by appointment, will last 10 or 15 minutes and must be pre-booked through Producer.
- Please prepare to present a one-to-two minute monologue (comedic or dramatic), fully memorized and with character work.
- Please read script before signing up for an audition.
- To obtain a copy of the script, contact Producer.
- There is a $20 deposit; refundable upon return of the script in good condition.
- Be sure to arrive with in time to complete an Audition Form prior to your audition time.
- If you need to cancel or will be late for your time, please email or call the Producer.
- Please bring your calendar with you. A list of all possible audition dates will be given to you to indicate any conflicts you may have with personal pre-existing commitments.
- A candid digital photo may be taken prior to the audition to facilitate casting discussions
The Curtain Club is an award-winning community theatre celebrating 66 years of bringing quality theatre to the town of Richmond Hill and participates in Theatre Ontario. The Curtain Club is a non-profit, non-equity community theatre group. If you are cast in this show you MUST become a member of the club. Membership fees are $10.00 and are due no later than the first rehearsal.