Our Charity night allows The Curtain Club to network with and show our appreciation and support to the other not-for-profit organizations in York Region. We will provide chosen groups with up to 75 complementary tickets to a preview performance of one of our 5 plays in our annual season. These tickets can either be sold as a fundraiser (suggested price to a minimum of our current ticket price, as noted on our website) and/or given as a thank you to your valued volunteers.
There will be at least 2 charities sharing each charity night.
An eligible Charity must:
- be a not for profit organization located in York Region
- provide a public benefit to York Region
- spend any funds raised to benefit citizens of York Region
and must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- the prevention or relief of poverty
- the advancement of health or the saving of lives
- the advancement of citizenship or community development in York Region
- the advancement of the arts, culture or heritage
- the advancement of human rights, racial harmony, equity and inclusivity
- the advancement of environmental protection
- the relief of those in need, by reason of age, ill-health, disability, or other disadvantage
- the promotion and support of the police, fire and emergency services
- other purposes beneficial to the community at the discretion of The Curtain Club executive.
If your organization meets this criteria, please fill in the Charity Night Application Form. To apply, download the application document here. Complete the form and return to our Charity Night Organizer (contact details in document).
Please review our guidelines for a successful Charity Night.
Charity Nights for the season:
- Tuesday September 10 – Weekend Comedy
- Tuesday November 12 – The Patron Saint of Stanley Park
- Tuesday January 14 – Burn
- Tuesday March 17 – Tempting Providence
- Tuesday May 19 – I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change
For more details on our season, see our Season Playbill.
Charity Night contact: firstname.lastname@example.org