by John Muggleton
— stay tuned for next auditions —
Auditions by Appointment:
- Monday Sept 16, 2019 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Tuesday Sept 17, 2019 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Call backs Saturday Sept 21 at 2:00 pm (if needed)
- To be held at The Curtain Club Theatre; 400 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill
The passion for games and storytelling become very real when a visitor joins a group of murder mystery authors and long-time friends. As the evening unfolds, lines between fact and fiction are blurred and the truth leads to a conclusion you won’t see coming.
Director: Julian Mulock Producers: Anne Kim & Steve Hetherington
Performance Dates: January 17 – February 1, 2020
Robert: Late 40’s/early 50’s, husband of famed writer Tara Waters who mysteriously disappeared five years ago.
Eve: 20’s/30’s, daughter of recently deceased, famed horror writer Paul Morris.
David: Late 40’s/early 50’s, literary agent, good friend of Robert.
Samira: Late 40’s/early 50’s, lawyer, long-time friend of Robert.
Tara: Robert’s wife, disappeared mysteriously five years ago.
Paul: Famed writer and deceased friend of Robert, Samira and David.
Note: The roles of Tara and Paul may be recorded or simply read, on or off stage. They are part of a very short flashback at the top of the play.
- Auditions are by appointment, will last 10 or 15 minutes and must be pre-booked through Producer.
- Auditions will consist of readings from sides. PLEASE familiarize yourself with the script.
- To obtain a copy of the script please contact the Producer.
- There is a $20 deposit which is returnable upon return of the script in good condition.
Book an Audition:
Please contact the Producer to book your appointment (email is preferred).
- Anne Kim, Producer – (firstname.lastname@example.org) 416-822-1864
- Be sure to arrive in time to complete an Audition Form prior to your audition time.
- If you need to cancel or will be late for your time, please email or call the Producer.
- Please bring your calendar with you. A list of all possible rehearsal dates will be given to you to indicate any conflicts you may have with personal pre-existing commitments.
- A candid digital photo will be taken prior to the audition to facilitate casting discussions
- If you receive a Callback, scenes will be emailed to you prior.
- The first Read-thru/meet and greet will be on Sun, Oct 20.
- Rehearsals will be Tuesdays and Thursdays (7:30pm – 10:30pm) and weekends (usually Sunday afternoons however depending upon availability may include Saturdays).
- Rehearsals will start on October 24 – there will be a break for Christmas.
- Cue to Cue will be Sunday, January 5
- All Actors must be available for all rehearsals apart from Eve who will have a few days off on occasion and for Tara and Paul who will only be required in the last couple of weeks
The Curtain Club is an award-winning community theatre celebrating 66 years of bringing quality theatre to the town of Richmond Hill and participates in Theatre Ontario. The Curtain Club is a non-profit, non-equity community theatre group. If you are cast in this show you MUST become a member of the club. Membership fees are $10.00 and are due no later than the first rehearsal.