I Love you, You’re Perfect, Now Change
book and lyrics by Joe DiPietro and music by Jimmy Roberts
- Monday November 25th at 7:00 pm at the Curtain Club Theatre
Auditions by Appointment:
- Sunday December 8th 6:00-9:00
- Monday December 9th 7:00-10:00
- Callbacks – Sunday December 15th 7:00-9:00
- To be held at The Curtain Club Theatre; 400 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill
I Love you, You’re Perfect, Now Change with book and lyrics by Joe DiPietro and music by Jimmy Roberts, is a musical revue about everything you have ever secretly thought about dating, romance, marriage, lovers, husbands and wives but were afraid to admit. Told in a series of vignettes and songs, this musical traces the overall arc of relationships throughout the course of a life. Originally written for 2 males and 2 females but adaptable to a larger cast.
Director: Shelly Meichenbaum
Producer: Phyllis Anderson
Performance Dates: May 21 (preview), May 22 – June 6
- Flexible casting but originally written for 2 males and 2 females who show versatility in playing a variety of roles. Strength in singing and acting required as well as some ability to pick up choreography.
- PLEASE NOTE: this production is seeking a slightly larger cast (up to 8) actor/singers from a variety of backgrounds, ages and abilities.
- REHEARSAL DATES:
- Rehearsals begin on February 11th and will continue once a week until March 3rd. From March 10th on, rehearsals will occur on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Sunday afternoons will be included as of March 29th. Please note, there will be no rehearsals during March break.
- AUDITION REQUIREMENTS:
- A selection from the musical theatre genre. Preferably, do not choose a song from I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change. Please bring proper sheet music to provide to the accompanist.
- A short comedic monologue no longer than 2 minutes.
- CALLBACK REQUIREMENTS:
- Selections from the script and score will be provided. In addition, a short movement combination will be taught.
Book an Audition:
Please contact the Producer to book your appointment (phone is preferred).
- Phyllis Anderson, Producer – 905-237-0238 (email@example.com)
- Be sure to arrive in time to complete an Audition Form prior to your audition time.
- If you need to cancel or will be late for your time, please contact the Producer.
- Please bring your calendar with you. A list of all possible rehearsal dates will be given to you to indicate any conflicts you may have with personal pre-existing commitments.
- A candid digital photo may be taken prior to the audition to facilitate casting discussions
- If you receive a Callback, scenes will be emailed to you prior.
The Curtain Club is an award-winning community theatre celebrating 66 years of bringing quality theatre to the town of Richmond Hill and participates in Theatre Ontario. The Curtain Club is a non-profit, non-equity community theatre group. If you are cast in this show you MUST become a member of the club. Membership fees are $10.00 and are due no later than the first rehearsal.