It’s hard to believe that it has been two years since we closed our doors to live theatre. This was a difficult decision but at the time we thought it would be short-lived and we’d be up and running for the 2020-2021 season. COVID-19 had other plans. Now, however, I am very pleased to announce that we will be opening our doors once again and welcoming audiences back into the Curtain Club, our beloved theatre.
The first show is the long awaited Tempting Providence. It is scheduled to run from April 8-23, 2022. All tickets from the 2020 season will be honoured and the box office will be sending out details on your new dates by March 15th. The box office will open on March 15th so please call in for exchanges and any questions you may have. I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change will run from June 10-25, 2022.
Rehearsals are underway and going well. How wonderful that once more we will hear the buzz and excitement that accompanies a live show.
The Ontario Government has lifted many of the restrictions that were put in place as a result of COVID-19. Many theatres, both locally and internationally, have decided to keep mask wearing and proof of vaccination requirements in place, at least for the time being. The Curtain Club has followed suit. We believe this is the safest way to transition back to the theatre without capacity limits. For the production of Tempting Providence volunteers and audience members, will have to show proof of vaccination prior to entering the theatre and must wear a mask while inside the building. We will continue to assess the situation, review our procedures, and consider all feedback from you, our patrons before we make any changes. We will inform you prior to the opening of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change if there are any adjustments to this current policy.
Safety and comfort of our members and patrons is our number one priority and we have made some changes, including:
- Upgrading the washrooms by installing touchless paper towel dispensers, touchless urinals, and touchless taps
- Installing enhanced Hepa filters for our HVAC to improve air circulation
- Installing antibacterial solution dispensers
- Addition of plexiglass to the box office desk
- Deep cleaning of carpets, seats and surfaces prior to opening
In addition, the following changes will be in place for the two shows of this season:
- There will be a short intermission for Tempting Providence so patrons can use the washroom facilities and stretch their legs
- There will be no concession or 50/50 sales but patrons may bring their own bottled water
- There will be NO opening night celebrations
- Patrons will be admitted to the theatre at the same time the house is opened so patrons can go directly to their seats
We are very excited to be able to perform for audiences once again and look forward to seeing all of you soon. There really is nothing like live theatre… and live theatre is nothing without an audience.
If you have any concerns about returning to the theatre, please contact the box office after March 15th. We want to make the transition back as safe and enjoyable as we can.
Box Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-773-3434